Terms and conditions for submission of nominations:
- The “Tamil News-Seithi” 2019 National Day Parade Giveaway (the “Contest”) is organized by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”) and is open to Singapore citizens and permanent residents above the age of 18, except for staff of Mediacorp (and its subsidiaries) and sponsors of the Contest, and their immediate family members. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these terms and conditions may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- The Contest shall take place on 21 July 2019, 28 July 2019 and 4 August 2019. On each contest day, one (1) question will be announced during the live broadcast of the “Tamil News-Seithi” programme. To participate in the Contest, each participant will be required to submit an answer to the question, together with his/her particulars (which shall include his/her full name as printed on his/her NRIC and contact number) to the email address for the Contest (NDPSeithi2019@mediacorp.com.sg). Each participant shall only be entitled to one entry. Six (6) winners will be selected in respect of each of the questions posted on 21 July 2019 and 28 July 2019 respectively, and eight (8) winners will be selected in respect of the question posted on 4 August 2019. Winners will be selected based on the participants who submit the correct answers within the fastest time. Mediacorp has the sole right and discretion to decide the winners of the Contest. Decisions are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, will be entertained.
- Each participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested by Mediacorp for the purposes of the Contest. Any representation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by Mediacorp) shall result in disqualification and/or forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclamation of any cash and/or prize won.
- Participants shall bear their own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from their participation in the Contest, including (without limitation), telecommunications, network, SMS and all such other charges and out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in connection with the Contest and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees that Mediacorp, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees shall not be liable for any losses, damages, injuries, death or any other claims arising out of or in connection with participation in this Contest, and/or any prize awarded. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to the Contest nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
- Winners will be notified by phone and the full name of the winners will also be announced on seithi.mediacorp.sg, the day after winners are notified. If the winner fails to acknowledge the notification within the period specified by Mediacorp, Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify the winner and select another winner in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Prizes must be collected at Level 3 Reception, Media Gallery, Mediacorp Campus, 1 Stars Avenue, Singapore 138507 between 11:30am and 5.00pm on the dates specified by Mediacorp regarding the collection of the prizes, after which the prizes will be forfeited and Mediacorp shall have the right to dispose of the prizes in any manner at its sole discretion. Winners must produce their passport or identification card for verification purposes. Winners that are not able to collect their prizes personally can authorize another representative to do so on their behalf. Representatives must bring along the prize collection letter/email, a photocopy of the winner’s passport or identification card and the representative’s passport or identification card for identification purposes.
- All prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. Mediacorp reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered without notice to the participants.
- Winners acknowledge that the prizes may be provided by sponsors and agree that Mediacorp shall not be responsible for any failure of any sponsor to deliver a prize or for any defect in the prize.
- Each participant agrees that his/her personal data may be used by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp Group”) to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of Mediacorp and its business partners, and for research and analysis. Additionally, each participant agrees that his/her personal data may be disclosed by Mediacorp to sponsors solely for the purpose of the collection of the prizes for the contest. Each participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp shall not be responsible or liable for any act or omission in relation to his/her personal data disclosed by Mediacorp to sponsors. If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp Group’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- Each participant agrees that Mediacorp may use the names and images of the participants, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Material”), for promotion of the Contest across all media, including without limitation in Mediacorp’s properties, without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in Mediacorp.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of Mediacorp, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to change or amend any of these terms and conditions, and to suspend or cancel the Contest, without prior notice to any participant.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.