FAQ – Tamilchudar 2019
FAQ – Mediacorp’s Tamil News & CA and Tamil Language Learning & Promotion Committee’s Community Awards 2019
- Can a nominee be nominated only in one category? Answer: A nominee can be nominated in more than one category if he/she or the group fits the requirements.
- Can I nominate my parents, siblings or relatives for the awards? Answer: Yes, you may nominate anyone whom you think is suitable for the awards.
- May I exceed the 250 word limit in my nomination form? Answer: Please keep to the word limit. You can provide a summary of the nominee’s important achievements in point form. You may give related website links. If we require further information, we will contact you.
- If I miss out any important details in my nomination form, can I resubmit? Answer: You should resubmit your nomination form with the missing information by 07 October 2019, 11:59PM. You can resubmit your nomination only once.
- Who will select the winners? Answer: The nominees would be shortlisted by an internal panel of senior editors. An external expert panel would then go through this and select the winners.
- Can I include achievements / work rendered to the community before October 2017 in my nomination? Answer: You may include a short summary of them, but achievements / work rendered to the community between October 2017 and July 2019 will be given more importance.
- In a group category, at most how many members can be included in the nominated team? Answer: There is no limit to the number of members as the award would be given to the group they represent.
- Under the innovation category, should the innovations be of repeated-use or can single use innovations be presented? Answer: You may present both single-use and repeated-use innovations. If you have the data on the number of people it has reached out to and benefited, you may include that information also.
- Can I nominate educational institutions under the innovation category? Answer: Yes, you may nominate them.