Tamilchudar - Terms and conditions for submission of nominations:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE MEDIACORP TAMIL NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS’ 2ND COMMUNITY AWARDS 2019(“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”)
- Mediacorp Tamil News and Current Affairs’ 2nd Community Awards 2019 (the “Awards”) is organised by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”).
- Nominations must include the full details of the nominee with details why the nominee qualifies for that particular Award.
- Nominations close at 2359 hours on 07 October 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Each nominee must be nominated using the nomination form at https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/HkCNRh
- Each nominee may be nominated more than once.
- By submitting a nomination form, each nominator warrants and undertakes that:
- all information submitted to Mediacorp for purposes of the Awards are true, accurate and not misleading in any manner;
- he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights in the materials submitted to Mediacorp (the “Entries”), and that the Entries do not infringe upon or violate any proprietary rights including without limitation, copyright, the right of privacy or publicity, nor constitute defamation against, nor violate any common law rights or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation and he/she grants Mediacorp a perpetual royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, display, print, edit or distribute the Entries (or any part thereof) on all mediums and platforms worldwide;
- he/she has obtained the consent of the relevant nominee to submit the nomination form and nominate the nominee for the Awards; and
- he/she will procure that the nominee will comply with these Terms and Conditions and any other rules and regulations for the Awards, as specified by Mediacorp from time to time.
- Mediacorp shall have the sole discretion in determining the eligibility of the nominees and/or the winners of the Awards. In the event of any dispute, the decision of Mediacorp and/or any judges appointed by Mediacorp shall be final. The selection and number of Judges shall be at the sole discretion of Mediacorp. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. All nominees and nominators shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by Mediacorp and/or the judges concerning, without limitation, the rules of participation, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Awards and these Terms and Conditions.
- Each nominator expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp shall not be liable to the nominator and/or the nominee for any loss or damage or injuries whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Awards. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, each nominator expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp has expressly excluded liability for all direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to injuries, loss or damage to other equipment or property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to this Awards.
- Mediacorp shall have the final right and discretion to decide on all matters relating to the Awards (including but not limited to the eligibility criteria, shortlisting process, number of awards and prizes for the Awards). Mediacorp reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any rules and regulations for the Awards without prior notice.
- Staff of Mediacorp and its related entities, and their immediate families are not allowed to participate in the Awards, whether as a nominator or nominee.
- Shortlisted nominees will be notified by phone and/or email. Shortlisted nominees may be required to attend interviews, photo-shoots and/or such other activities as may be required for Mediacorp’s assessment of the nominee for purposes of the Awards.
- Nominees agree that if they are shortlisted to be finalists, then Mediacorp shall have the exclusive right to photograph, record or otherwise reproduce their photos and/or footages.
- Results of the awards granted will be announced on 8 November 2019, or such other date as may be decided by Mediacorp.
- Prizes (if any) are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are subject to availability and Mediacorp has the right to substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, subject to any applicable law.
- Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp”) for the following purposes:
- For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
- For any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Awards.
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
- To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against you.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, each nominator:
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data and/or the nominee’s personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consents to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing his/her personal data for the purposes as described in Clause 15 above;
- consents to Mediacorp transferring his/her personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in Clause 15 above; and
- warrants and undertakes that he/she has obtained all necessary consents and authorisations from the nominee to (i) submit the nominee’s personal data for purposes of the Awards; (ii) to authorize Mediacorp to collect, use, disclose and/or process the nominee’s personal data for the purposes described in Clause 15 above; and (iii) to authorize Mediacorp to transfer the nominee’s personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in Clause 15 above .
- Nominators and nominees should not, without the prior written approval of Mediacorp, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Awards.
- Each nominator shall indemnify and keep Mediacorp and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of his/her breach of any of these Terms and Conditions
- Mediacorp reserves the right to revise, cancel, suspend or modify the Awards at its sole discretion without notice to the participants.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any disputes in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be referred to the courts of Singapore.